Wednesday, August 15, 2007

 

Down the Rabbit Hole

by Peter Abrahams

This mystery had some immediate appeal to me, as an Alice lover, but also features a 13-year-old girl who is a Sherlock Holmes fan and starts to do a little sleuthing herself. She kind gets herself into a funny situation and does one weird and ill-advised thing after another to try to get out of it, diggin her way further in, in fact, while trying to stay on top of school, soccer, the lead in a play, and a possible blooming romance.

It's a fun ride, and has just the right note of suspense - a little menacing, but not too much so. Though it's a longer book, it moves along quickly, too, and I quite liked how it built to the finale. I even found myself guessing, which I don't do often, and it tells me this novel really reeled me in.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home